Is your Toddler a Tit bitter?

There are Children who eat whole meals in School whereas there are some who love to snack and not eat wholesome meals, that doesn’t mean we can give away on their nutrition right?

I always believe in giving Children a balanced diet with all the necessary elements like Carbohydrates, Proteins, Fat etc.

• 1-2 fruits
  • 1-2 Vegetables/ Greens
  • 300-400 Ml Milk
  • 1 Spoon of Dry fruit Powder
  • 1 Juice & around 1 liter of water.
  • 2 variants of Healthy Snacks
  • Mixed Pulses either for Lunch or Dinner along with Chapati
  • Dosa/ Idly or Rice.
  • Chapati.

This is what her Diet comprises of, she eats in Small portions. Her 2 hour routine is still on. Avisha has been a self eater, she loves eating on her own and also loves eating in tit bits. She eats something every 2 hours this way giving her proper meals is tough. School only. Her Lunch & Dinner is not an issue but when it comes to breakfast I need to think a lot.

She wakes up in the morning and the first thing she has is a glass of milk. I give her full fat milk as advised by the doctor. In children the Fat gets converted into energy. Before she leaves for school she eats a spoon of Dry Fruit Powder & on the way to School she either eats Seeds (mixture of Pumpkin, Sunflower seeds etc) or any kind of healthy snacks. This I do to make sure she is not hungry in School.

Her Snacks Box, I have to put something which is filling, Healthy & something which is in a tit bit form, here are some options that I have

1. Channa/ Rajma.
  2. Boiled Veggies cut in different shapes
  3. Home made Multi Grain Khakra in Different Shapes.
  4. Bread Jam cut into small pieces. (Home made Jam by Oh.my)
  5. Aloo Patties or Avocado Patties made in different shapes or made into small balls.
  6. Childa/ Dosa cut into different shapes.
  7. Podi Idly Cut into small bites.
  8. Marconi, Pasta
  9. Steered Raw Banana/ Ladies finger

Along with this I also give her a fruit, just in case she doesn’t eat this she will eat the fruit that I put for her fruits like Banana, Pomegranate, Dragon Fruit, Blue Berries, Orange, Sweet Lime, Grapes, Lychee, Strawberries, etc.

If she doesn’t finishes her snacks her school I make her eat the same on our way back from School.

Her lunch & dinner includes whatever we make. If the dinner we make is something that she cannot eat then its Varieties of Dosa, or Patties or Porridge.

Tit Bitter Healthy Snack Options:

1. Pop Corn
  2. Fox Nuts
  3. Cheese
  4. Vegetables like Broccoli, Corn
  5. Slurrp Farm, Mumum, My Timios Ready to eat puffs, fruit melties, Biscuits, etc
  6. Home made cake
  7. Home made Nachos
  8. Rice Puffs
  9. Raisins/ Dried Berries & Apricot
  10. Seeds like mentioned earlier.

Additional tip: If incase your making your Toddler eat chapati or dosa make a thick one but a small one. It gets over fast and the required quantity goes in. 😄

12 Comments Add yours

1. Arushi says:

That’s a very helpful post to plan proper and nutritious meals for kids. My daughter also recently has started troubling me with food. These ideas will help. Thanks for this

1. earlymomage says:

I’m so glad this has helped. Thanks a ton 🙂

2. Yes you have mentioned everything in this blog and I felt it’s really very useful for moms like us whose kids are fussy eaters

3. Jayanthy says:

This is similar to Ilakkiya’s routine. These little ones love variety. Also, it is surprising how they survive on fruits and snacks all day. Aren’t these two skinny energetic brats? 😂 I love the options you’ve added. I’m yet to try dragon fruit for her. I don’t have it in the first place. Good list Dimple and how simple it looks, but to make these little ones eat, is a task in itself.

4. Nidhi Narang says:

As a mommy ,it’s helpful for me ..I also worried about my baby diet .. thank you sharing with us

5. Blogaberry Foo says:

That’s a good list you’ve made. I give them a lot of the above mentioned but never made a list. I think I soon should. We love dry fruits and nuts too!!!

6. Nitya says:

Balanced diet is necessary for a growing child! I absolutely agree with this!

7. simritbedi says:

This is a very helpful post Dimple. Teghbir is a very fussy eater.. I love the different and interesting snack options that you have shared

8. Mariyumaq says:

By the grace of God, Inaaya eats whatever I give her in her tiffin box. She’s not a fussy eater at all. Loved all the options you have put up.

9. that’s so really helpful post definitely going to share it with other parents also all the mention food and snacks options are healthy and energy giving.

10. manytraits says:

Omg! I am saving this post for future reference. My 5 yr old Ayan is such a fussy eater. This will come handy for me when I need to give him something exciting and different to eat. He never finishes his tiffin box. He needs exciting tiffin.