In the month of march, my husband & me traveled to Mathura for a friends wedding, it was our first trip without Avisha. I had to wean her off and hence we left her behind.
Post the wedding we traveled to Delhi, we had a few hours in Hand before we could take our flight back to Chennai.
We decided to Explore Delhi. We knew we wont be able to see much but we decided to see at least a few important places & also do shopping as Sarojini is my favorite.
We first finished our breakfast, we ate heavy breakfast so we could stay energetic & not feel hungry soon. We booked an OLA Rental for 8 hours, as we had luggage with us.
Our first destination was India Gate & the Rashtrapati Bhavan, we clicked a few pictures spent some 20 minutes in both the places & headed to our next destination.
We then went to the Sarojini Nagar Market, we have visited the place a couple of times, so know most of the sellers & did amazing shopping for 2 hours, had our lunch there, the famous Channa Kulcha & Pav Bhaji.
Our next Destination was the Lotus Temple, which was 10 kms away, we visited the temple we did not go for the meditation, because we had to rush to see the Qutub Minar.
This was the best we spent around an hour here, we clicked amazing pictures, bugged one college guy to click our pictures.
We relaxed a bit, loitered around the place and sat for a while post which we head to the Airport. We still had time for our flight and were Thinking to go elsewhere as well. But we got tired, so we ended our sightseeing with the Qutub Minar.
While heading to the airport we realized that we did not eat Pani Puri, so requested our Driver to halt for Pani Puri & then proceed for the Airport.
- When your doing day travel, you can opt for OLA rental as it becomes easy to keep your luggage.
- If you love shopping then Sarojini is the place apart from the other markets. but few things need to be taken care off while shopping in Sarojini, while buying any product you need to check for Damage & size, check the quality of the product. Don’t buy cosmetics.
- Don’t forget to try the Chaat & the other food that Delhi is known for.
- Delhi Traffic is bad, if you want to travel far off distance then you can take the metro.
- Do a climate check, i have had a bad experience in the winters, https://earlymomage.com/2019/03/02/delhi-winters-not-so-comfortable/ March is pleasant. Post April it becomes too hot.
- Always travel light & dont carry unnecessary things. If in-case you want to know places to visit ask the Hotel Concierge or the localities. Try covering places within 30 minutes radius.
We enjoyed our trip, because it was without Avisha we could cover so much in a day. We also reached the airport 2.5 hours before our flight departure.