“The Start”

On looking at the Double line any 23 year old newly wedded girl would shiver.

The same thing happened to me, I got married at the age of 22 and a half and conceived 10 months after my wedding.

It was totally unexpected. Like every other girl 100’s of things were running in my mind,

• Career
  • Responsibility
  • Adjusting in the new Environment
  • Exploring the World & what not

The moment I got to know I am PREGNANT, all my family members rejoiced including my husband, no one could ever think of what I was going through. Zillion of questions were barging into my mind, for which I did not have any answer. I was in a Dilemma that I’m going to be a “MOM”.

Days passed by my Morning Sickness, Uneasiness, Dizziness started. It went on and on and on, I started hating the things I used to Love eating earlier, my mood swings started, I started liking the food my husband liked, a lot of changes occurred and in no time I started liking the feeling of being pregnant.

All this wasn’t because I’d accepted the fact of being a MOM but because of the Love, Respect and Pampering I got from my people around.

My husband and me had a Love Marriage. We were from two very different communities. It was a tough task to convince our parents to get us married as we knew we couldn’t live without each other.

Being from a Sindhi family It was a little tough for me to adjust into a Jain family. But with all the support from my in laws I made through it, their love and support made me fit into the family easily.

6 Comments Add yours

1. Meghna Narang says:

Very well said. Best wishes dear

2. Heena says:

Being your mom , I was happy but at the same time worried about how you will manage this new phase of your life and that too so early.Well , god bless you have being doing perfect and will continue. I will definitely thank your hubby and the wonderful family for the support they have been giving you all the way. I also call this blog early grandmomage too.I feel wonderful being one…..and the smile Avi gives me make my day….hope I could meet her more often…..
    God bless you and your family will lots n lots of happiness, love and good health.

3. Sweety says:

Darling you are a strong girl so proud of you….lots of love to u and your family

4. Sweetannu says:

Glad you had supportive in laws. Otherwise it would have been very tough. Your strong values shine through too. Stay blessed.

5. pamela says:

The way you managed everything and the family affairs are simply superb. Loved the courage.

6. mominprocessnow says:

I can totally feel your dillema, even after planning the baby I got so scared when I got to know about my pregnancy.. but family and your partner are the ones who make this journey smooth for you.